It is no secret that your properties presentation is indeed very important & if ignored can greatly hamper the successful sale of what is probably your biggest asset. Here are our top tips for presenting your property:
1. Make sure the front of your property looks inviting. Keeps lawns mowed and gardens neat and tidy with no weeds.
2. Before each viewing ensure you have given your home a once over – even cleaning the windows inside and out can make a difference to the lighting.
3. De-clutter! Remember less is more. Buyers want to visualise your property being theirs with all their belongings. De-clutter to keep things tidy and to make the rooms appear larger.
4. Fix it! Make sure minor repairs are taken care of. Make a checklist to ensure all light bulbs are working and any maintenance you have been putting off is up to date. A fresh coat of paint will freshen up scuffs and scrapes in the woodwork.
5. Freshen up! Get rid of any smoke or pet odours. Even if you can’t smell it we guarantee the buyers will. Freshen up the place by opening the windows, brew some coffee or even have a fresh bunch of flowers on the kitchen bench.
6. Pets – make sure you clean up after your pets and take them out of the home for inspection times.
7. Lighten up – turning lights on in every room will help make the place more inviting and open up the space. There is nothing inviting about walking down a dark hall or walking into a dark room.
8. Present your home to reflect the weather. If its cold maybe put some heaters around the place or turn on the fireplace if you have one. If its hot turn on some fans, open windows or put your air-conditioning system on. Making buyers feel comfortable in your home will ensure they look around and take it all in rather then rushing through because they are uncomfortable with the temperature.